UX Research, Origin Studio (2023)
Collaborating with the marketing & web teams to run end-to-end research (competitive analysis, conversation mining, interviews) to ascertain customer needs for sustainable tiny houses; auditing the web design against usability heuristics..
Creating long-term & scalable strategic recommendations for the company’s website; writing & validating the confirm email copy using user interviews; redesigning the main menu using card sorting.
Running two marketing campaigns in Meta and direct email using targeting data; maintaining ongoing content consistency across the company’s digital profiles.
Using marketing metrics to apply SEO optimization; increased applications by 60% in less than 2 months.
UX Research, Babel Organization (2023)
- Conducting competitive analysis & tree testing to improve user flow for the org.’ website; revising brand voice to emphasize business & service values.
- Using search term analysis, usability tests & card sorting to design and validate IA; incorporating generative A.I. for revising the donation request long copy.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure content accuracy, alignment, and accessibility standards across digital products; presenting ongoing reports to the CEO.
- Increased the donation rate by 70% in 30 days.
Research Lead, Indiana University (2022 - 2023)
- Supervised 4 teams of researchers and designers to complete multiple product design projects on time while maintaining brand consistency among all; designed the scrum for the Agile production process; led troubleshooting & feedback sessions.
- Ran usability testing, ethnography & algorithmic analysis to measure the impact of border technologies on target demographics; communicated the data to the designers to improve the product.
- Published and presented my findings at international presentations & art journals; Completed all projects on time; recognized as the top-ranking researcher in the branch.
Games UX Research Lead, Ludo Lab Center for Games (2020 - 2022)
- Conducted UX research on Roblox Education using competitive & search term analysis and interviews; completed technical writing & copywriting for the 1.0 build.
- Led the Agile production and art direction for a Roblox education game with a team of designers/programmers; benchmarked the project for DEI values.
- Presented the results and ran 1:1 marketing to secure $500,000USD funding.
Games UX Research - UC Santa Cruz (2020 - 2022)
- Conducted UX & scholarly research (competitive analysis, target group observations, algorithmic analysis, race & gender studies) on games & immigrants’ rights; secured grants to complete the production cycle for two original games.
- Designed the gameplay & content, wrote the narrative, and completed the UX writing components.
- Conducted usability tests and comprehensive survey analysis to validate the game, content, and narrative design.
- Used Kanban to manage a team of artists and programmers; led the art direction; supported cross-team collaboration and communication.
- Produced and shipped the final games, “Global (re)Entry” and “Celestial Borders,” for Windows on itch.io.
- Managed the pipeline production for +60 3D designers.
- Increased the download numbers by 40% in less than 30 days on itch.
Doctoral Qualitative Research, Bowling Green State University (2016 - 2020)
- Conducted interviews, in-site research, and ethnography to measure the popularity of interactive technology in BIPOC communities; edited Jr. researchers’ reports.
- Led and supported the production of 5 live & media projects involving teams of +15.
- Secured multiple research grants to fund the project for 3 years; presented the findings at international conferences and published them as articles and a doctoral dissertation; recognized as the top International Researcher in race & gender studies on a national scale.
Qualitative Research, Translation, and Editing, University of Tehran (2009 - 2014)
- Conducted ABR research on violent representations in media; led the design & production for 3 community social justice events.
- Authored and edited multiple original and translated essays on retirement investment and non-profit branding.
- Secured a multi-year research grant; presented findings through a book and a master’s thesis.